In 1952 two entrepreneurs named Art Whitehead and Gilbert Taylor opened a wholesale distribution center for fiberglass materials and sheet acrylics in Oakland, CA. They named their store Taylor and Art Plastics, which was later shortened to TAP Plastics.
From a beginning of wholesale distribution, the business went through many phases and products. What began as one downtown store has evolved into 20 West Coast stores and most recently a web-store.
Phone: (916) 429-9551